- Hannah Kent, Burial Rites
People take photographs and others read anti-government graffiti painted on the ground at the Taksim Square in Istanbul on June 6, 2013. The reasons behind Turkey’s eighth day of protests are serious enough. But demonstrators have also reacted with humor, particularly on social media sites, often lampooning the prime minister and poking fun at his comments.
And keep the distressing stuff at arm’s length whenever you feel like it’s about tocommand over you..
And smile for everything, every single second you’re blessed with.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything,
they just make the best of everything that comes their way.
1. Do you feel irritated when someone points out your mistake, and feel satisfied when you point out others’ mistakes?
2. Do you regularly give money to beggars but refuse to buy stuff from those selling at traffic signals citing the reason that you don’t need it?
4. Do you feel really proud when you make a wild guess and it turns out to be correct and also really glad when someone else’s wild guess proves to be wrong?
5. Do you almost never succeed in getting up at 5 a.m. for prayers and almost always succeed in getting up at 4 a.m. when you have to catch a flight or even watch something on TV?
6. Would you rather be wrong with everyone else than be right alone and face criticism?
7. Do you give more importance to praise from your boss than a smile from your mother?
8. Do you enjoy reading about human faults and weaknesses more when you feel that you don’t suffer from those weaknesses yourself but others do?
9. Do you hate your boss and think he is a chawal(fool) when he treats you badly but feel justified when you treat your subordinates / servants badly because they are chawals(fools).
10. Do you feel that you know much more than your elders because you are the modern youth and also feel that you know much more than those younger than you, because you are older?
Extract taken from : http://www.sarmadtariq.com/2012/12/05/i-kyun-test/
A group of young kids were asked how to decide who to marry and here are the results which are pretty amusing.
(1) You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming.- Alan, age 10
(2) No person really decides before they grow up who they’re going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you’re stuck with.- Kristen, age 10
WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?
(1) Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person FOREVER by then.- Camille, age 10
(2) No age is good to get married at. You got to be a fool to get married.- Freddie, age 6 (very wise for his age)
HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?
(1) You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids.- Derrick, age 8
WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON?
(1) Both don’t want any more kids.- Lori, age 8
WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
(1) Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough.- Lynnette, age 8 (isn’t she a treasure)
(2) On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that Usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.- Martin, age 10
WHAT WOULD YOU DO ON A FIRST DATE THAT WAS TURNING SOUR?
(1) I’d run home and play dead. The next day I would call all the newspapers and make sure they wrote about me in all the dead columns.-Craig, age 9
WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?
(1) When they’re rich.- Pam, age 7
(2) The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn’t want to mess with that.- Curt, age 7
(3) The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It’s the right thing to do.- Howard, age 8
IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?
(1) I don’t know which is better, but I’ll tell you one thing. I’m never going to have sex with my wife. I don’t want to be all grossed out.- Theodore, age 8
(2) It’s better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need someone to clean up after them.- Anita, age 9 (bless you child)
HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN’T GET MARRIED?
(1) There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn’t there?- Kelvin, age 8
And the #1 Favorite is……..
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
(1) Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck.– Ricky, age 10
It happens to you slowly as you grow. You discover more about who you are and what you want, and then you realize that there are changes you need to make. The lifestyle you’ve been living no longer fits. The people you’ve known forever no longer see things the way you do. So you cherish all the great memories, but find yourself moving on.
Here are nine reasons it’s time…
- You can learn from your history, but you can’t live in it. – You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present. Sometimes we avoid experiencing where we are because we have developed a belief, based on past experiences, that it is not where we should be or want to be. But the truth is, where you are now is exactly where you need to be to get to where you want to go tomorrow.
- Some things aren’t meant to be. – Everything from your past does not belong in your present. To hold onto relationships and circumstances that have already moved on without you is to stay stuck in a place and time that no longer exists. Moving on doesn’t mean you completely forget the wonderful things from your past, it just means that you find a positive way of surviving without them in your present.
- Life is shorter than is often seems. – While you are complaining about all the little problems in your life, somebody is desperately fightingfor their right to live. You own every minute that you pass through, and that it is up to you to make the best use of each one of them. Because someday, suddenly, there will be no more minutes.
- Holding on to pain is self abuse. – Your past has given you the strength and wisdom you have today, so celebrate it. Don’t let it haunt you. Replaying a painful memory over and over in your head is a form of self abuse. Toxic thoughts create a toxic life. Make peace with yourself and your past. When you heal your thoughts, you heal the health of your happiness. So stop focusing on old problems and things you don’t want in your future. The more you think about them, the more you attract what you fear into your everyday experiences – you become your own worst enemy.
- Some things are out of your control. – No matter what happens, no matter the outcome, you’re going to be just fine. Let the things you can’t control, happen. Allow the universe to bless you in surprising and joyful ways. What if, instead of pushing so hard to make life happen, you decided to let go a little and allow life to happen to you? What if, instead of trying to always be in control, you sometimes surrendered control to something bigger than yourself? What if, instead of working so hard to figure out every last answer, you allowed yourself to be guided to the solution in perfect timing?
- The past never changes. – You can spend hours, days, weeks, months, or even years sitting alone in a dark room, over-analyzing a situation from the past, trying to put the pieces together, and justifying what could’ve or sould’ve happened. Or you can just leave the pieces in the dark and walk out the front door into the sunlight to get some fresh air.
- Moving on creates positive change. – You may blame everyone else and think, “Poor me! Why do all these crappy things keep happening to me?” But the only thing those scenarios all have in common is YOU. And this is good news, because it means YOU alone have the power to change things, or change the way you think about things. There is something very powerful and liberating about surrendering to change and embracing it – this is where personal growth and evolution reside.
- New opportunities are out there waiting for you. – Nobody gets through life without losing someone they love, something they need, or something they thought was meant to be. But it is these losses that make us stronger and eventually move us toward future opportunities. Embrace these opportunities. Enter new relationships and new situations, knowing that you are venturing into unfamiliar territory. Be ready to learn, be ready for a challenge, and be ready to experience something or meet someone that just might change your life forever.
- The world needs you to let your light shine. – The powers above added one more day in your life today, not necessarily because you need it, but because the world still needs you to let your light shine. So starting today, fall in love. Not necessarily with a person, but with an aim, an ambition, a passion. What would be your reason to wake up every morning with a smile? That’s what you need to start working on today.
Sometimes when we love we are stuck loving someone who has no desire to change, or no desire to work things out with us in an effort to make things better, or to keep the relationship on a track of growth and fulfillment. There comes a point in time in some relationships that we must realize the only option that we have to live a good life is to let what is weighing us down in life go.
Ever wondered what are your rights? We are humans 🙂 These are our rights , Know them and demand them.
- 1. We are all born free and equal
- 2. Don’t discriminate
- 3. The right to life
- 4. No Slavery
- 5. No Torture
- 6. You Have Rights No Matter Where You Go
- 7. We’re All Equal Before the Law
- 8. Your Human Rights Are Protected by Law
- 9. No Unfair Detainment
- 10. The Right to Trial
- 11. We’re Always Innocent Till Proven Guilty
- 12. The Right to Privacy
- 13. The Freedom to Move
- 14. The Right to Asylum
- 15. Right to a Nationality
- 16. Marriage and Family
- 17. The Right to Ownership
- 18. Freedom of Thought
- 19. Freedom of Expression
- 20. The Right to Public Assembly
- 21. The Right to Democracy
- 22. Social Security
- 23. Workers’ Rights
- 24. The Right to Play
- 25. Food and Shelter for All
- 26. The Right to Education
- 27. Copyright
- 28. A Fair and Free World
- 29. Responsibility
- 30. No One Can Take Away Your Human Rights