Some anonymous writer once said “Nobody has a life free from hardships”.
Depression may be described as feeling sad, blue, unhappy, miserable, or down in the dumps. It is felt by most of us even for short periods but it does! Depressed people see themselves totally different from others. Depression changes the way they see their lives and the people around. It is such a disorder that takes a healthy person to the most unhealthy being; to the dark gloomy deep tunnels of life where ones positive thinking level is demolished on-a-whole and that person starts thinking negatively or simply the person goes pessimistic.
Talking in general, depression is a mood disorder in which feelings of sadness, loss, anger, or frustration interfere with everyday life for weeks or even longer. It can be major or clinical. People suffering from depression can’t imagine that any problem, situation or condition can be solved in a positive way; they see everything with more complexity even if it’s the most simple thing. Depression can be severe in many cases, there maybe psychotic symptoms. In order to overcome it psychoanalysis is done.
Symptoms of depression include:
- Agitation, restlessness, and irritability
- Becoming withdrawn or isolated
- Difficulty concentrating
- Dramatic change in appetite, often with weight gain or loss
- Fatigue and lack of energy
- Feelings of hopelessness and helplessness
- Feelings of worthlessness, self-hate, and guilt
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities that were once enjoyed
- Trouble sleeping or too much sleeping
–One of the most important things I have learned is constantly keeping things to yourself can lead to a more severe anxiety and depression. You should always have someone to share your life stories to lessen the depression.
Depression and Islam:
Here are some Islamic tips to get rid of depression.
- Offer prayers five times a day. When you’ll offer prayer, your heart and brain, both will automatically find peace as prayers bring you closer to the God. You’ll feel contended, free of worries and sorrows. Your mind will relaxed from the distressful feelings.
- Turn towards Allah and do keep in your mind that nothing can harm you without His consent. Do remember that this life is a test. If you’ll fight it courageously, Allah will definitely reward you in hereafter.
- Try to do works for Islam like helping the poor and engage yourself in welfare activities.
- Recite Qur’an as there’s comfort in reading it.
Follow these tips, I guarantee you 100% that depression will vanish away soon as I myself have experienced these and Alhumdulillah have found peace!
“Truly, it is by the Remembrance of Allah that hearts find rest.” [Qur’an, 13.28]